The BARS Annual Holiday Dinner will be Tuesday, December 5th at Alberto’s Ristorante in Hyannis. The event is open to BARS members in good standing and their guests. Cash bar is from 5:30 – 6:30 pm. Dinner will be served at 6:30 pm. Price per person is $42.00 including gratuity.
Click for printable menu and details.
Please mail checks ASAP made out to BARS with entrée choice(s) to:
43 James Otis Road
Centerville, MA 02632
Call Patricia Farinha with any questions at (443) 546-8589
The Town of Barnstable Natural Resources Program will offer Four FREE Shellfishing Classes that are Open to All Permit Holders.
- Sunday, December 10, 2017 at 10:30 AM
- Sunday, January 7, 2018 at 9:00 AM
- Sunday, January 28, at 2:00 PM
- Sunday, February 4, 2018 at 8:00 AM
All classes will be held at Scudder’s Lane. Please meet at the Natural Resources truck at the landing. Have you ever wanted to learn how to get razor clams? Need help to know what to look for? What do you do with them after you harvest them? We are here to help!
- Natural Resources staff and town shellfish volunteers will be available to assist anyone who wants to learn to salt for razors from prepping the solution to cooking them up!
- Be prepared to get wet! The shellfish live in wet sand that gets covered by saltwater when the tide is high. Waders, hip boots or knee boots would be helpful. Waterproof gloves are necessary.
- Shellfish that are legally harvested with a valid permit may be taken home.
- SHELLFISH REGULATIONS APPLY AS ALWAYS!
Click here or on flier image for full size printable flier.
Razor clam illustration by Andrew Newman
The BARS Annual Holiday Dinner will be Tuesday, December 5th at Alberto’s Ristorante in Hyannis. The event is only open to BARS members in good standing. Cash bar is from 5:30 – 6:30 pm. Dinner will be served at 6:30 pm. Price per person is $42.00 including gratuity.
Our presenter for BARS November 7th, meeting is a Cape Cod native, local food connoisseur, food stylist, and BARS member, John Carafoli. John also teaches classes and workshops in culinary arts and food styling.
He recently has returned from one of his many trips to Italy, where he led a food/music tour. Some recipes from his recent cookbook, Great Italian American Food in New England, were featured in the October 2017 issue of Cape Cod Magazine.
John will share tricks of the trade in cooking local shellfish. He will bring his homemade mignonettes for oysters to sample and will provide an entertaining evening talking about shellfish and condiments. Recipes will be available to take home. His cookbook will be available to purchase. Join us for an evening of delectable shellfish cuisine.
Guests are welcome. Bring a friend!