Learn to Shellfish Classes
Barnstable’s Natural Resources Program will offer two FREE shellfishing classes open to all ages this summer.
- Wednesday, July 10th, 2019 @ 12:30 pm at Bridge St. Landing, Osterville
- Saturday, August 3rd, 2019 @ 8:00 am at Bridge St. Landing, Osterville
If you ever wanted to learn how to shellfish or you’ve been before, but you’re still looking for more tips? Here is your chance!
- Natural Resources staff and BARS volunteers will be available to assist anyone who wants to learn to dig or just get a few more pointers!
- Be prepared to get wet! The shellfish live in wet sand that gets covered by saltwater when the tide is high. Waders, hip boots or knee boots would be helpful. Protective gloves are necessary.
- Shellfish may be taken by hand or rake. Small (garden) hand rakes and trowels will be allowed for children only.
- Shellfish that are legally harvested with a valid permit may be taken home.
- SHELLFISH REGULATIONS APPLY AS ALWAYS!
For more information, call Natural Resources during office hours Monday – Friday from 8:30am to 4:15pm at (508) 790-6272 or direct your questions via email to email@example.com
Click to download the 2019 Learn to Shellfish Classes printable flier here.
Photo © by Andrew Newman